Horn Lake area pet owners – Horn Lake Animal Hospital now accepts exotic pets, pocket pets, rodents, birds and other exotic species as patients.
WHAT IS AN EXOTIC PET?
“Exotic pet” includes to any household pet other than the traditional dog or cat:
- Small Mammals (rabbits, hedgehogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, hamsters and other rodents)
- Reptiles (snakes, lizards, turtles, tortoises)
- Birds (parrots, cockatoo, canary, waterfowl, etc.)
- Amphibians (frogs, salamanders, newts, etc.)
- Invertebrates (tarantulas, scorpions, hermit crabs, etc.)
UPDATE ON THE DOG BROUGHT IN FROM SOUTHAVEN:
Horn Lake Animal Hospital appreciates the community wanting to help Good Samaritan cases and support pets in need. We are proud to support local animal rescue organizations and humane societies and encourage our community to as well.
Thank you for your concern & outreach. For clients’ privacy, we cannot disclose medical records with the public. Also per the owner’s request, we are following their wishes of not discussing this situation.
We appreciate the hard work of Southaven Animal Control and Southaven Police Department and their continued assistance in helping the pets of our community.